Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2019-01-02
Does the idea of growing an agency and exponentially increasing the size of the media team excite you? Do you want to work at an agency in which media has a seat at the table from moment one? Do you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving in? Do you have a personal passion about emerging media? If so, you may be the AMD we are looking for.
At Mistress, the Associate Media Director leads the strategic development of media plans and monitors day to day progress on assigned accounts to ensure media activities are completed accurately and delivered timely to the client. This role is very “hands-on” working closely with staff on all aspects of media planning and buying as well being an agency role model in terms of leadership, client relations and interdepartmental integration. This is a tremendous opportunity to collaborate across all departments in the agency.
Key activities/expectations of our Associate Media Director includes:
- Understand all aspects of clients’ business and marketing goals
- Lead the creation and presentation of the strategic media vision for assigned client brands
- Integrate consumer-centric, media-agnostic strategic media thinking into all communication plan development
- Institute media checks and balances to ensure all work is aligned with plan strategy
- Oversee the progress of all media projects and provide assistance, where necessary, to assure projects are delivered completely, correctly, on time and with maximum efficiency
- Challenge and teach the team to discover and articulate insights (not just facts)
- Lead by example, stepping in as needed to ensure team success.
- Ensure media work is delivered to the client in the optimal fashion to “sell” the plan and reinforce the smart thinking within
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues. Create solutions and resolve problems.
- Ensure that all client financials are reconciled and work and take active role in managing account profitability
- Establish and grow relationships with mid-level to senior clients
- Play an active role in department functions such as investigating new media applications, proposing ways to streamline processes and produces, new business projects and advising on staff structure
- Keep abreast of industry trends (trade press, seminars, current events, etc.) that may impact a client’s business
- Be a Positive role model, responsible for department morale, development and growth
- Meet with media sales executives and industry representatives on a regular basis to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the client’s business and foster strong relationships between Mistress and the marketplace
- Additional duties may be assigned
- You have demonstrated success in managing client accounts and building client relationships
- You are articulate and confident — able to think proactively and reactively to bring strategic solutions to clients
- You are Left and Right brained – you ground your recommendations in data, but demonstrate creativity in your approach to analyzing the data
- You are comfortable working with different teams (creative, social, digital, etc.) to solve complex business challenges
- You have experience working on new business opportunities and this part of the work excites you
- You demonstrate thorough knowledge of the dynamics of media. How each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing
- You have strong relationships (and reputation) in the media vendor community
- You are highly motivated, self-directed, and able to prioritize tasks for yourself and your team
- You are digitally savvy. Not only do you have online media planning experience, but you have a personal passion about emerging media.
- You deal well with ambiguity and changes in direction
- You are experienced at training and inspiring a team, including managing the personnel issues that invariably arise
- You have delivered progressive levels of responsibility and business acumen in marketing and communications
- You are an advanced user of media research, including an intimate understanding of what is measured, the methodology, and information reported
- You are active in the media community outside of agency (Think LA, 4A’s, conferences, etc.)
- You are knowledgeable about the ever changing media landscape, trends, and challenges, including both online and offline concerns.
- High Excel proficiency, including the use of functions, filters and Pivot Tables.
- 7+ years experience in Media Strategy/Execution, with 4+ in a supervisory capacity
Need a hand?
Reach us at (310) 399-1515 or email from the form below.
Thank you for your interest in The Many.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
If this is an urgent matter,
please give us a call: +1(310) 399 1515