Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2019-02-06
Here at The Many, we consider the Brand Director the Business Owner for his or her accounts, and is the most critical member of our client facing teams. The Brand Director is not seen as an “account person,” but rather a leader responsible for ensuring our clients get the best out of us, and we get the most out of them.
One of the primary tasks of our Brand Directors is growing revenue via existing client relationships, by identifying areas where we can address a client’s unmet needs. At the same time, Brand Directors must balance this with spearheading and inspiring innovative creative development.
Directors own the scope of work and the relationship, but more importantly, they establish what success looks like for both parties and drive that forward to the best of their ability without sacrificing team morale. Success here requires a passion for the work, a preference for strategy over production, EQ that includes the ability to read in between the words of clients to understand what they are really trying to say, EQ that predicts what a client needs before they know it, and, EQ that outweighs ambition, with a true sense of ownership for the entire process.
Other important considerations:
The Many is an integrated agency. Brand Directors will oversee services which include brand strategy, media, social, production as well as creative. Modern takes on the industry and media are required.
The Many is a smallish agency. We don’t have tons of layers or traditional structures. Those with entrepreneurial mindsets excel here. Those who are comfortable just “showing up” do not. Everyone is a leader of something. Those who stand up to lead will thrive.
Most important, everyone at The Many embraces and embodies our agency values.
- We are always up for the challenge.
- We are open and curious.
- We are passionate without the ego.
- We are believe optimism wins.
- Define and deliver specified outcomes for our clients and for the agency.
- Lead daily, but never be above helping out on the small tasks
- Partner with cohorts from Creative, Strategy, Media, Production, Project Management, and Social to run and maintain overall health of clients and projects
- Establish, maintain, and grow client and agency relationships
- Provide strategic/thought leadership; owns and can clearly articulate a client’s core strategic challenge, leads internal team in solving for it
- Works with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identifies/implements products to help achieve client goals
- Ensure team works collaboratively and as an integrated partnership
- Be a significant contributor to thoughtful and outstanding creative products
- Own the SOW and the agenda
- Proactively look for ways to expand and grow business
- Generate partnership proposals & SOWs
- Provide continual thinking on agency workflow, process efficiencies
- Occasionally lead new business pitches
- Strive upward while delegating tasks
- Minimum seven years’ experience account management experience within a creative agency; experience leading multiple clients strongly preferred
- At least two years’ experience leading a team
- Can showcase previous success in building business and delivering results
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both written and oral)
- An expert in brands, campaigns and the advertising business in general
- Strong understanding of integrated communications including traditional and social media
- Proven ability to work at all levels and able to pay close attention to the details
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Need a hand?
Reach us at (310) 399-1515 or email from the form below.
Thank you for your interest in The Many.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
If this is an urgent matter,
please give us a call: +1(310) 399 1515