Location: Santa Monica CA
Date Posted: 2019-04-09
Are you curious and always looking to discover new things? Do you like the idea of working with a group of creative, smart, and passionate people? Do you love media and advertising? If so, you may be the Media Associate we are looking for.
As a Media Associate at Mistress, you would be an important member of the day to day Integrated Media team, helping bring great advertising and communications campaigns come to life.
What success looks like:
After 90 days:
- Employee is consistently pro-active and shows they “want the ball.” They have embraced their clients and have a solid understanding of the business, the target and their objectives. Employee consistently delivers a high degree of accuracy and precision in their work. In short, employee has become a trusted member of the internal team.
After 1 year:
- Employee works increasingly independently on their ongoing assignments, needing little direction and guidance even when problems arise and projects do not go as expected. Accuracy is consistently displayed across projects. Employee has built a trusted relationship with one or more of our clients. In short, employee is on track to be promoted to Supervisor.
We are a small agency. From Day 1, our associates have the opportunity to experience a wide variety of assignments across our diverse client portfolio.
Below are some of the key activities/expectations of our Media Associates:
- Help plan and activate media activity across digital, traditional, influencer and paid social media.
- Embrace a client’s business, including understanding the target, category, and client’s competitors
- Gather and analyze relevant data and calculate basic media math to support sound recommendations for when, where, and how a client’s advertising dollars should be spent
- Monitor and maintain budgets, reporting, flowcharts and buys to ensure campaigns run as ordered and are optimized for future plan improvement
- Research and evaluate competitors advertising efforts to identify opportunities and threats
- Build productive relationships internally, with external agency partners and with clients
- Support effective communication with internal cross-agency teams (creative, social, account, production, etc.) to ensure they have all information needed in a timely fashion
- Show a keen interest in and growing knowledge of emerging trends across the media landscape.
- Provide timely responses to adhoc requests
- Conduct varied data analyses using Excel, Pathmatics, Crimson Hexagon, Simmons, etc.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- You recognize the importance of details and accuracy and are committed to getting it right the first time.
- You communicate effectively, both in person and in writing.
- You are resourceful and organized and can get things done, even when the road may be a little difficult to navigate.
- You are a team player who is excited to support in various aspects that span from administrative and research duties to brainstorming and presentation writing.
- You have the ability to take direction, ask questions, think critically and problem-solve.
- Even under pressure, you can deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
- You are a self-starter; you work with a high level of initiative and flexibility
- You possess a basic awareness of media landscape, trends, and challenges
- You like to speak up with new ideas and challenge the status quo
- You enjoy learning and are willing to lean into new opportunities
- You demonstrate high Excel proficiency, including the use of functions, filters and Pivot Tables.
- You have hands-on experience with a variety of media tools including Simmons, Pathmatics, Google AdWords/Analytics, Facebook Business.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and ideally 1.5+ years experience planning media across a variety of digital/traditional channels.
- You can backup all of the above with detailed examples and stories!
Need a hand?
Reach us at (310) 399-1515 or email from the form below.
Thank you for your interest in The Many.
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
If this is an urgent matter,
please give us a call: +1(310) 399 1515