Do you enjoy making processes work better, solving problems, and keeping your sleeves rolled up? Do you think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems? If so, you may be the Media Supervisor we are looking for.
As a Media Supervisor at Mistress, you are the day to day leader of the Integrated Media team for your clients, bringing great advertising and communications campaigns to life. The Media Supervisor drives the creation, management, and stewardship of client media plans and investments. The Media Supervisor role is a step toward more senior leadership within the Media Department and the agency overall.
What success looks like
After 90 days:
- Employee has embraced their clients and has a solid understanding of the business, the target and brand objectives. They have built a solid relationship with assigned clients and have become their primary contact point on a day to day basis. Their AMD is providing support, particularly as problems arise, but overall the employee is effectively managing their assigned businesses and supervising their team.
After 1 year:
- Employee has earned the trust of their clients and manages the day to day business smoothly and efficiently. Employee led the annual planning process on behalf of their clients and delivered strategically sound media plan recommendations. Employee is taking an increasing role in driving the high level strategic media vision for their clients. In addition, employee is actively taking part in expanded leadership opportunities at the agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are a small agency. From Day 1, our supervisors have hands on ownership of the day-to-day integrated media planning and execution activities for their clients and opportunities to get involved in larger areas of agency development.
Below are some of the key activities/expectations of our Media Supervisors:
- Become the expert in your client’s business, including the industry, competitors and all client research, business and performance results.
- Produce strategically sound media plan recommendations across digital, traditional, influencer and paid social media that coincide with client objectives
- Develop creative, innovative approaches to strategically reaching the target consumer
- Flawlessly execute media plans
- Oversee budget allocations for all media based on client initiatives and direction; accurately project costs and anticipate the financial results of plan revisions
- Work closely with Digital Media Analyst to monitor performance, recommend optimizations and new / different strategies and tactics, and raise and resolve any issues/discrepancies.
- Establish and grow client relationships by demonstrating media expertise, a deep understanding of client business issues and a high degree of responsiveness.
- Work with Associate Director and/or Director to create and present the strategic media vision for assigned client brands.
- Integrate and work cross functionally with teams including creative, social, account, production, etc., playing the ‘connector’ on media related projects
- Serve as first level coach and supervisor to associates, which includes delegating work, checking work, making sure deadlines are met, providing performance feedback, completing performance reviews and mentoring
- Participate in larger areas of agency development: New Business pitches, internal committees, and task forces.
- Lead by example, stepping in as needed to ensure team success
- Additional duties may be assigned
- You have demonstrated success in building client trust
- You write and speak well and have a knack for sharing complicated ideas in a simple, understandable way.
- You have demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills, but you’ll embrace a role that requires a mix of art and science.
- You have planning, execution and technical experience with multiple of types of digital media: Programmatic, Display, Mobile, Video, Search, Social, etc. Experience with offline media including TV, Radio, Print, OOH, etc. is also preferred
- You enjoy developing relationships within the vendor community to further the mutual interests of the agency and its clients.
- You can independently and effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, while maintaining accuracy and precision.
- You are digitally savvy. Not only do you have online media planning experience, but you have a personal passion about emerging media.
- You deal well with ambiguity and changes in direction
- You are highly resourceful – creatively using a wide range of sources and tools to proactively solve problems and get the job done
- You display a positive energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning function.
- You are an advanced user of media tools, including Simmons, Pathmatics, etc.
- High Excel proficiency, including the use of functions, filters and Pivot Tables.
- You have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4+ years experience planning media across a variety of digital/traditional channels with 1+ years in a supervisory capacity.
Our salary range for this opportunity begins at $98K (or higher based on experience)