The Many Studios looking for a Production Manager to join our busy advertising and creative agency adjacent production company that produces branded and social content, commercials, unscripted media and documentaries. This role involves co-managing freelance production crews, maintaining company databases with all pertinent job information and final deliveries from post to agency or external clients.
The successful candidate will join the company's production team, which operates in various locations in the USA and sometimes, worldwide. The ideal candidate is based in Los Angeles and is able to work a hybrid schedule, with part of the week in office on the Westside and part of the week remote.
What this role is responsible for:
- Work with the Director of Production Operations to ensure production and post production operations are properly executed for live action and photographic projects
- Supervise operations such as travel and accommodations for crew and/or clients and agency staff, together with freelance production coordinators and agency Project Managers
- Maintain and manage databases and best practices working protocols with all 3rd party companies the studio interacts with, especially in affiliation with other agencies or production companies on co-productions or co-campaigns
- Troubleshoot production issues with Director of Productions Ops, agency producers or third-party production companies and collaborate with Business Affairs and Legal to find solves that mitigate risk for the company that may include contracting, releases, rights, usage, insurance, etc.
- Manage and track day-to-day production schedules, post production schedules, delivery dates and deliverables and notify Director of Production Operations when bottlenecks are on the horizon
- Create, manage and update the Production Book for each project with all pertinent information for studio production and post production requirements as well as archival data
- Manage our internal shared servers and storage for each job, for internal use and external freelance access, as well as lateral studio archival needs
- Communication and planning with outside vendors that range from software developers for our Project Management database to possible contractors and equipment companies for company growth and buildout
- Development and conceptualizing, physical construction of and maintenance of our living Manuals, Guidelines and client-facing company Artist decks
What we need from you:
- A minimum of seven years of production management experience, preferably with a large portion of that time in a production company/ agency environment with a focus on commercials, and branded and social content
- Training and qualifications relevant to production & broadcast
- Deep familiarity with non-union and union rules and regulations, rates, contracts and crew contacts
- Flexibility with working hours to manage multiple productions per week
- Ability to switch between multiple unique projects in different stages of production worldwide (i.e., different time zones and different mediums from commercial production to software development)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Diplomatic skills when working on challenging projects
- Extremely detail-oriented, comfortable multi-tasking, effective and efficient time management, organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize what's most important at any given moment and adjust as necessary to constant shifting deadlines
- Ability to quickly adapt to learning new technology, workflows, software, and systems, especially related to immersive productions
- Excellent communication and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and remain calm under pressure
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized
- Knowledge in production and post-production processes, and logistics, as well as knowledge of broadcast and/or streaming deliverables and technical specifications
Other things we’d like to see:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with Project Management software maintenance and light buildout according to growing company’s needs
- Rudimentary knowledge of Premiere, Resolve or other post production software
Our salary range for this opportunity is at $95,000.00 to $110,000.00 annually. There are several factors taken into consideration in determining base salary, including but not limited to: job-related qualifications, skills, education and experience, as well as job location and the value of other elements of an employee’s total compensation package (i.e. benefits, retirement plan employer match, etc.).