The opportunity and why we need this role:
Social Strategy Director
Are you curious about why people do the things they do? What inspires them, motivates them, meets their needs and makes them happy?
Do you see social media (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and the rest) not just as a set of channels, but as human behavior that creates culture and drives real world actions?
Do you view the communications industry through the lens of “what comes next?”
The Many is seeking a Social Strategy Director to join our rapidly growing department and help develop new thinking and breakthrough work for our largest account.
What this role is responsible for:
- Client-facing strategy lead, including for core brand team + business unit teams
- Drive strategy, research, comms innovation, and investment at the business level
- Lead quarterly planning to interrogate and evolve content strategy, analyze results, and push internal + client teams to pursue what’s next, not just what works
- Close and collaborative relationship with creative directors to develop campaigns and produce work that has the potential to break through in culture
- Work with brand (account) team to build deep inroads with the client organization, based on trust and transparency
- Manage and mentor senior + junior strategists to develop campaign roll-out plans, content calendars, agency POVS, and other tactical strategy deliverables
- Inform media planning and data strategy in collaboration with in-house disciplines and client-side leads
- Work with the Group Strategy Director to build the strength, rigor, and effectiveness of the larger brand portfolio
- Be a vocal leader within the department and agency
What we need from you:
- Deep knowledge of the style and/or sneakers categories
- 8-12 years experience at a creative or media agency, or in-house with a brand team
- Experience in long-term planning for blue chip clients that have the ambition (and budget) to create best-in-class social campaigns
- Advanced marketing knowledge of major & emerging social and digital media channels, including their products, user behaviors, and commerce capabilities
- Deep understanding of consumer media behaviors, and how it integrates with their daily lives, real world cultures & interests, and journeys through the marketing funnel
- Experience leading media planning, either as a comms planner or in close partnership with specialist agencies/talent
- Can inspire & excite creatives to generate big and innovative ideas, with social media at their core
- Ability to ask the right questions to draw meaningful insights and inspiration, whether it be of data strategy, social listening, focus groups, or client stakeholders
- Understanding that all of the above is in service of a holistic business objective, and how marketing and media plans are a means to that critical end
Other things we’d like to see:
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack and Teams
- Open to a hybrid-working model (in office three days a week)
Our salary range for this opportunity is $145,000 to $165,000 annually. There are several factors taken into consideration in determining base salary, including but not limited to: job-related qualifications, skills, education and experience, as well as job (or worker) location and the value of other elements of an employee’s total compensation package (i.e. benefits, retirement plan employer match, etc.).