Are you excited by the prospect of leading brands from point A to point B? Of leveraging truth and tension and insight to help craft messages and inspire campaigns that connect with people in culturally resonant, ownable, and breakthrough ways?
Are you curious about why people do the things they do? What inspires them, motivates them, meets their needs and makes them happy?
Do you see media not just as a set of channels–but as human behavior that creates culture and drives real world actions? Do you view the communications industry through the lens of “what comes next?”
As a Strategy Director at The Many, you will lock arms with client and agency teams, helping brands fight inertia and seize opportunities to challenge comfortable. You understand – and embrace – that ‘strategy’ isn’t simply a deliverable, but a mindset and way of thinking that can be applied in a myriad of ways. You feel comfortable and confident flexing between different types of strategic efforts – brand, campaign, social, content, and comms.
You can lock arms with creative and media alike. You get energy from being a dependable teammate and knowing your efforts make a difference. No matter the assignment, whether you are leading the charge or gathering and contributing inputs, you are rigorous and responsive. You can go deep with research to become a subject matter expert while maintaining a high-level perspective to draft compelling narratives and recommendations. You are willing to jump in, roll up your sleeves, and flex your strategic muscle on a range of projects from brand positionings, creative briefings, messaging frameworks, category analysis, qual and quant research, and workshop facilitation. Above all, you align strongly with the agency’s core values.
What this role is responsible for:
- You are a client-facing strategy lead, including for core brand team + business unit teams
- You are a dependable and prolific contributor who elevates your team. When you’re not in the room, internal teammates and clients alike are asking “why not?”
- You develop media agnostic creative strategies yet know how to translate those messages across the changing media landscape
- You have close and collaborative relationships with creatives to develop campaigns and produce work that that deliver on objectives and has the potential to break through in culture
- You work with brand (account) team to build deep inroads with the client organization, based on trust and transparency
- You inform media planning and data strategy in collaboration with in-house disciplines and client-side leads
- You can implement paid tools and also get scrappy with desk research in order to understand category, brand, cultural, & human behavior trends.
- You are unafraid to put pen to paper and formulate a point of view. Forming an argument, laying out a case, and convincing others through the combination of logic and storytelling is second nature. Decks are not a problem.
- You are curious with an ability to rise above the data points, recognizing patterns and finding insight, seeing the truth and then laying out recommendations
- You present and sell through strategic thinking and working closely alongside clients to build, grow, and evolve their brands.
- You thrive in a work environment that balances working independently as well as helping to lead a tight-knit team of brand and social strategists.
- Work with the Group Strategy Director to build the strength, rigor, and effectiveness of the larger brand portfolio
- Be a vocal leader within the department and agency
What we need from you:
- Min 8+ years of agency strategy experience (a must)
- Experience managing and developing a team
- A portfolio of work including case studies and briefs
- Demonstrated experience inspiring & exciting creatives to generate big and innovative channel agnostic ideas
- Ability to ask the right questions to draw meaningful insights and inspiration, whether it be of data strategy, social listening, focus groups, or client stakeholders
- Proven ability to flex across a range of strategic endeavors – from research to positioning to campaign strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead meetings (with clients and teammates)
- Experience collaborating with media teams, comms planning, and PR teams – both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently, proactively in a fast-paced environment
Other things we’d like to see:
- Experience working in QSR strongly preferred, or Financial Services (or related industries) a bonus
- Must be comfortable have some exposure to and comfort with social either directly or in close collaboration with social strategists. Open to those who’ve held social strategy roles at some point as long as they have strong brand/campaign strategy experience
- Working with more than one client at a time, as well as new biz experience, is a plus
- Open to a hybrid-working model – a presence in our office three days a week is a must
Our salary range for this opportunity is $145,000 to $160,000 annually. There are several factors taken into consideration in determining base salary, including but not limited to: job-related qualifications, skills, education and experience, as well as job (or worker) location and the value of other elements of an employee’s total compensation package (i.e. benefits, retirement plan employer match, etc.).